Dental Crowns – Louisville, KY
Fixing Damaged Teeth Right Away
Teeth are constantly working day in and day out. Every time you chew, bite, talk, clench your jaw, or grind your teeth, your enamel wears down just a little bit. Add an over-aggressive toothbrushing, chewing on hard objects, eating a highly acidic or sweet diet, or playing sports without a mouthguard, and you might find yourself with a broken or cracked tooth in no time. Fortunately, Dr. Stephen Remmers and the rest of our team here at Remmers Dental are in the business of fixing damaged teeth right away with beautiful and durable dental crowns in Louisville. Read on to learn more and don’t hesitate to get in touch with us today if you have a weakened, broken, decayed, or cracked tooth!
Why Choose Remmers Dental For Dental Crowns?
- Same-Day CEREC Crowns Available
- Dr. Remmers Has Over 3 Decades of Experience
- High-Quality Materials for Seamless & Durable Results
What Is a Dental Crown?
The “crown” of your tooth is the white part above your gums that you see when you smile. Unlike other parts of your body, your teeth can’t repair themselves. Professional attention is needed if a tooth becomes weakened or cracked, otherwise the issue will continue to get worse over time.
A “dental crown” is a commonly used restoration. It looks like a tooth-shaped cap that’s designed to fit perfectly over the top of a tooth. It encapsulates the entire visible portion of the tooth, holding it together to restore its function and appearance. Not only will it allow you to continue using the tooth without further damaging it, but it will help protect the vulnerable tooth from future decay and infections.
Dental crowns can be an excellent solution for a few dental concerns, including:
- Extensive tooth decay or large fillings
- Cracked or broken teeth
- Teeth that have recently been repaired with a root canal
The Process of Getting a Dental Crown
In most cases, getting a traditional dental crown takes about two appointments. However, at Remmers Dental, our dentists use the advanced CEREC same-day restoration system to provide patients with strong and natural-looking crowns in just one appointment! Traditional dental crowns require two visits—one to prepare the tooth and set a temporary crown and the second to bond the permanent crown. With CEREC’s digital camera, computer software and milling unit, we can design, build, and place a porcelain crown in just a matter of a couple of hours.
First, we’ll clean and inspect the damaged tooth, removing a small amount of enamel to make room for the dental crown. Then we’ll take digital impressions of the area and send that information to our CEREC software. This technology will then use the data collected to create a custom dental crown that our dentists will then adjust to ensure optimal results. From there, this blueprint is sent to our in-house milling unit, which will fabricate your custom dental crown while you wait in our comfortable office.
Benefits of Getting a Dental Crown
Dental crowns are one of the most commonly used restorations in dentistry, and it’s easy to see why! They offer unique benefits like:
- Versatility: Dental crowns can be used to address a wide variety of issues.
- Restores function: A dental crown will allow you to chew, talk, and go about your day without any discomfort and without any further damage to the tooth.
- Prevent future issues: In most cases, a dental crown can help patients avoid painful and costly complications, such as irreparably broken or infected teeth.
- Lifelike appearance: Dental crowns are made of dental porcelain, which is virtually indistinguishable from natural tooth enamel. In some cases, dental crowns can be used to cosmetically improve flawed teeth.