If you’re ready to turn back the hands of time to enjoy a vibrant smile again, you have more options than ever for teeth whitening. Besides in-office treatments, you can also choose to achieve professional results from the comfort of your own home. Take-home trays provide everything you need to combat tooth discoloration around your own schedule. Your teeth can become as much as 8 shades whiter within 2 weeks. Want your new smile to last? Here are a few tips to extend the effects of your whitening treatment.
Take-Home Whitening Kits
At the first sign of tooth discoloration, you probably tried a few over-the-counter whitening products to brighten your smile. Although whitening toothpastes, mouthwashes, and pens are convenient, the products don’t contain professional-grade whitening agents, so they won’t produce noticeable or lasting results.
Take-home whitening kits give you the convenience of an over-the-counter product that’s combined with the effectiveness of an in-office treatment. Your dentist provides you with custom-fit trays and the professional strength whitening agent to use at home for about 2 weeks. As each day passes, you’ll notice whiter teeth.
Maintain Your Bright Smile
Your results can last for several years with the right aftercare. You can help extend the effects of your whitening treatment by following a few simple tips:
- Avoid darkly pigmented foods, like tomato products, blueberries, or turmeric. If you can’t skip them, eat a piece of cheese with your meal to help protect your teeth.
- Avoid stain-causing beverages, like coffee or red wine. If you need a morning cup of coffee, drink it through a straw and rinse your mouth with water after you’ve finished.
- Don’t use abrasive dental products because they can wear away at your enamel, making your teeth look darker. Instead, use a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste.
- Chew sugarless gum to help remove any stain-causing food particles lingering on your teeth. Gum increases your saliva production to help clean your teeth when you can’t get to your toothbrush.
- Maintain your oral hygiene to prevent new stains from developing. It’s best to brush your teeth at least twice a day and floss every night before going to bed.
- Visit your dentist at least twice a year for a cleaning and checkup.
If you notice your smile is starting to dull, your dentist can also provide you with a maintenance kit to use at home. This allows you to keep your teeth bright to protect your investment.
Get Whiter Teeth Today!
Don’t let tooth discoloration dull your confidence. Enjoy a beautiful smile that lasts with an at-home whitening kit.
About Remmers Dental
Remmers Dental strives to create beautiful, healthy smiles from our modern dental office. Our team is specially trained in a variety of dental specialties, including cosmetic dentistry. We offer the customized solutions you need to achieve the smile of your dreams. If you’re ready for whiter teeth, contact our office today to schedule your consultation. We offer both in-office and at-home whitening kits.